Solved

Default locale in reports output

• 16 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello,

is it possible to define a default locale in the output of reports? We have some Commserve with chinese as default. I know I can change it in output, but in most other Commserves default is english.

Thanks.

Regards,

Thomas

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 19 September 2022, 19:02

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ThomasG , is this what you’re looking for?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/103236_scheduling_report_on_command_center.html

Choose Locale

Generates and/or saves the report in a language that can be different from that of the CommCell Console. The languages currently supported are listed in Languages - Reports in Books Online.

Let me know if you're looking for that to be configured elsewhere (or if that’s what you need).

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello Mike,

Thank you, but I am looking for this:

I want to change the default locale here, the Commserve is installed in English. I know, I can change it manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hello,

is it possible to define a default locale in the output of reports? We have some Commserve with chinese as default. I know I can change it in output, but in most other Commserves default is english.

Thanks.

Regards,

Thomas

@ThomasG , I’m confused, though I think you may have misworded something in the original question.

Are you looking to change the locale in an area other than the Output tab (where you already noted it is possible?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello Mike,

at some Commserves we see that always Chinese is the default locale in output of reports (see screenshot) and I have always to change this manually. My question is, how to change the default locale to e.g. English permanent?

Thanks and regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

AHHHHHH, ok now that makes sense.  You want to change it permanently.

I’m not seeing this option anywhere, so let me see if I can get some info from some internal folks.

At worst, it might need a CMR via a support case, but I’ll keep you posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ThomasG , can you confirm if you have this set?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/3824_enabling_language_selection_for_stand_alone_commcell_console.html

If you don’t, that should do it, though I’m not 100% if it applies across to this as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello Mike,

sorry for the delayed answer. This helped indeed, default output locale of reports matches the selected locale starting console. Question is, why do we see this problem only on a few Commserves? However, it is working now.

Thank you very much.

Regars,

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hmmm, not sure why it’s happening only randomly.  Might be worth a support case if it bugs you (or reoccurs).