Skip to main content

I have this issue with our VM Error opening the disks for virtual machine eNSVM]. Verify that the correct transport mode is selected. See. I have tried all I could. Not until I had to use this option of intellisnap,

It works but the challenge here is I used the ESXI virtual machine as a snap engine it worked but the issue is once it finished doing backup of that virtual machine it doesn't delete the snap from the VM I have what setting I can implement to achieve this.

Hi @Alexzy,

Can you confirm the retention on the Snap Primary copy of the Storage Policy/Plan here please?

In terms of the original error “Error opening the disks for virtual machine”, I’d suggest checking the vsbkp.log and VixDiskLib.log on the VSA Proxy performing the VSA Backups here.

Best Regards,

Michael

See this, Sir.

I keep seeing this full snap making it not to prune where do we get this full-snap from ? Because I know it's only incremental, we are running. as for the detention policy, it is set to delete after three backup and yet it is not aging.

I always see  this once the VM completed 

This is what I see every day. Why is this happening?

Thanks for the update @Alexzy,

From what you have provided, it would seem that the Snap is “To be copied” into the Primary here. - If the Job has not been copied then it could be retained due to that reason here.

The “Jobs in Storage Policy Copies” report should clarify this: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/40080_jobs_in_storage_policy_copies_report_overview.html

Can you check the Schedules of the Storage Policy and of the Subclient to see if the BackupCopy is scheduled here?

Best Regards,

Michael