Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m at the end of configuration of exchange Hybrid archivization in Commvault. It works for users without Exchange Public Folders in use, but fails for the ones using that feature.

Documentation is not entirely clear for me in that matter:

https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/93792_assigning_permissions_to_online_service_accounts.html

• For public folders, service account should have owner permission at the root level (all public folder).
  • For public folder backup and restore, the service account must have impersonation and view-only permissions.

I don’t understand the difference, is granting the owner optional and when someone doesn’t want to grant that high permission then, the lower “impersonation” and “view-only” must be in place or there must be an owner set at the Exchange admin GUI level for public folders and in addition impersonation and view-only permissions with Exchange power shell?

And it supposed to be “View-Only Configuration” or “View-Only Recipients” or both maybe? The “impersonation“ and  “view only” seems to be lower privilege to me, so that’s the part that confuses me.

Thanks!

@LukasM , apologies for the delay.  I moved your post to the Q&A section so it gets more visibility.

I’ll get some internal folks to reply to assist!

Hi, both were required

@LukasM , you were able to figure it out?

I can create a Doc modification request to get this clarified.

Sure, maybe it will help someone in the future. 

Great!  I submitted doc feedback in your name/e-mail address.

I’ll mark this solved via your confirmation reply!

Great!  I submitted doc feedback in your name/e-mail address.

I’ll mark this solved via your confirmation reply!

Thank you Mike.