Question

Exchange Mailbox (Classic) agent installed into Media Agent but not visible in commcell browser under the client

• 1 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello All. I’ve hardware refreshed a commserve on a new host. Build 11.32.23. I’ve installed a new media agent also at 11.32.23 and duplicated the packages installed in the old media agent it is eventually replacing. The old media agent has “Exchange Mailbox (Classic) ida” installed and is visible under the client in the commcell browser.  The new media agent has ‘Exchange’ package installed; this is visible in the ‘properties > version’ tab. In the commcell console, commcell browser, under the client for the new media agent, I see some ida’s (fs ida, VSA ida) but not any Exchange ida. In the properties of the new media agent client, I select the option to release licenses, just to see what licenses are consumed, there is only fs and vsa. When I run an install software job for the new client, “Exchange” is greyed out so there is no ability to install.  Though the customer is not using the exchange classic agent any longer, backup activity is disabled on the subclients for it, there are old jobs in there with available status. These jobs have been copied to a new copy for a new storage pool, so the customer needs to be able to restore them. The old media agent is to be decommissioned permanently as soon as I resolve this issue. 

Any idea why the exchange agent isn’t visible under the client or how to fix this ?

1 reply

Badge +15

To add Exchange mailbox Classic follow this

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/96535_adding_exchange_mailbox_classic_agent.html

If what you are referring as Grayed out like below, it means that the package is already installed on the client.