Question

Forecast report to understand why old jobs still exist. "Reason for not aging"-column is empty.

• 11 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I had to run the Forecast report on a storage policy to try and figure out why some old jobs are not being aged. I am used to see the jobs give a reason in the “reason for not aging column”.

However many jobs in this case do not have a reason.
First thought was that maybe the job is required by another job, but the job ID in “required by jobs” is the same job.

What could be the reason?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @No special characters , does the retain Until date shows an expired date?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @No special characters 

Have you tried to open the report in a different browser?

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@Abhishek Narulkar Yes and no - There is no “retain until” column, but there is an “Estimated Aging Date” column. The date is many months ago.

@Collin Harper Yes - I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox. The “Reason for not aging” column is not empty in all cells, just some.

Another difference in the jobs without aging reason is that the “Cycle Number
(Full Cycle/Sequence Number)
” column is showing “N/A (226/1)” - This is just one example. They all say “N/A” and a cycle/sequence.

The other jobs where there is a reason for not aging, we do not see this N/A but a cycle/sequence number instead.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Is there a certain type of job which does not have the Reason entries?

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@Scott Moseman They are all VM (vmware) jobs, some SYN some INCR

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @No special characters 

That is certainly strange. It should at least say it hasn’t aged due to “Basic Retention”, “Basic Cycles”, or “Required by Job” and reference the Job ID it is dependent on. If it is ready to age it would say “Prunable”.

At this point it might be worth it to open a ticket with our Support Team to review.

Thank you,
Collin