Skip to main content

Hello Commvault Community,

I'm trying to backup PostgreSQL with FSBased backup, somehow it failed at 74%. When I checked the log, it shows that there is invalid archive log directory (Log file attached). 

In our PostgreSQL.conf, we are using bash command in archive_command row. I also configured the postgres instance in Commvault using the path from archive_command bash file. So the path to archive log should be correct.

In looks like Commvault managed to transfer data but it failed to stop the Backup Query.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Backup fails to locate postgres logs in archive log directory [/pgsql/digicore-prod/archive/digicore-prod]

Backup label content says BACKUP FROM: standby
Is this a standby instance? Do we have postgres logs in the above directory (in the same machine)?

Can you please run backup from master instance? For backup from standby please use Cluster Backup Support for PostgreSQL (commvault.com) 

Hi Meera,

Thanks for the reply.

I have configured Master-Standby as documented for 11.32 Version.

I also try to backup from Master node, unfortunately the condition of WAL log in master Node is directly dumped to Standby node. In short, there is only one path of Archive-Log and the location is in Standby-Node.

We have tried Dumpbased backup but the performance is really slow. So FSBasedBackup is the only option. Is there a way to directly backup with FSBasedBackup from Standby Node but considered as standalone node?

Thanks,

Don’t think its possible. Already asked about that some time ago. 

Archive logs backups will be always executed from master node.