Question

Full backups greyed out

• 12 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi all

I’m having the same issue as discussed in the below conversation but my setup is a little bit different.

I am using a NAS clientinstead of a file system agent. Some of the sub-clients are greyed out and I see this is because the OnePass check box was checked (Archiving is not set). On unchecking it, the ‘Full’ backup option is still greyed out.

This only applies to the sub-clients that had the OnePass checkbox enabled.

There is another NAs client configured to the same shares which handles the Archiving jobs, but don’t think this would cause the issue as I can run Fulls on the unchecked sub-clients.

There is no option to set ‘Object Based Retention on this type of backup configuration, so not sure what else could be causing this issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

hello @Mauro 

What is the Commvault version you are using? For Files deleted by archiving job, can you try to change the option to “Use storage policy copy retention” and check if full is still greyed out?

Full option is greyed out when you have selected extended storage policy and in that way you can run only synthetic full and incremental. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thank you Rajiv

I’ll check that and test it and provide my feedback. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good morning Rajiv

They are running V11.28.19.

I had a look and the customer has these options set, so that’s all in order.

What I noticed, is that after removing the ‘OnePass’ checkbox and then running an Incremental backup, the ‘Full’ option becomes available after a day or so.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Mauro I think the full backup should have been enabled automatically. However, if you need to get this behavior checked further, you can raise a case with us. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +1

@Mauro ,

If you have enabled Sub client property retention ->Extend storage policy retention, then you cannot perform full backups. 

Refer the BOL for more details: https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/61633_subclient_properties_retention.html?_gl=1*13a2p1e*_gcl_au*MjAwNTY4NDYyOC4xNjkwNTIzNDc1