Skip to main content

Hello,

i used gxtail and log sequencer for many years and it helped many times to identify problems. The log sequencer files are from 2013 and seem to be deprecated now. Is there an update available? 

C:\LogSequencer\LogSequencer.zip\zipextimporter.py:82: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "LogSequencer.py", line 360, in <module>
  File "LogSequencer.py", line 225, in jobid_in_log_file
MemoryError

Thanks at all.

Good morning.  Unfortunately the current version of GxTail does not have a functioning Log Sequencer.  Version 10 was the last version to have a functional log sequencer.

Hello Orazan,

Bad luck, it was really very helpful. Is there another tool to manage logfiles of e.g. a job in a sequence?

Just curious @ThomasG what you’re looking to get out of using Sequencer?

One issue I always ran into with the tool is if its a long running job, good luck you gonna be waiting around for days for info you can get in just a few secs

Try Notepad ++ search via JOB ID 

@ThomasG  I agree, I needed to use it recently and had to dig up an old v10 copy of the tool.  NotePad++ and Astrogrep can come close to the same functionality.  

What, no love for good old Wingrep?

Like @Mike Struening try WinGrep too...love that thing, hasn’t failed me!

Wingrep is my favorite.  Problem is that it is deprecated and it is hard to find a stable version out there on the web. 

Try grepWin:
https://github.com/stefankueng/grepWin/releases/tag/2.0.10