Skip to main content

Hey there,

I need your awesome help with something really important. So, I've got these 5 jobs, each about 5TB in total, chilling on a StoreOnce 5100, and I gotta move 'em to a new StoreOnce 5660.

I tried making an auxiliary copy to do the move, but dang, it's been a bummer. The job just won't budge and keeps throwing errors. Oh, and guess what? These jobs belong to a server that's no longer backed up. Yikes! But hey, we can't lose all that data, so we gotta figure out how to move it over to the StoreOnce 5660 like a boss.

I'm hoping you can be our hero and show us the way to get this migration done safely and efficiently. Any tips or suggestions you've got will be a lifesaver and will totally make my day!

Thanks a ton in advance for your attention and quick response. If you need any more info from me, just holler, and I'll be right there to help out.

Cheers, 😁✌️

Hey @FeRox,

Can please run a data verification just to ensure the data is good and help validate that perhaps the issue is with the copy and not the read?

Also you might want to peak into HPWCatalyst.txt on the Media Agent, it may have more information regarding the errors return from the catalyst.

By the way, I love your post 😍

Dear @Damian Andre ,

I hope you are having a good day 🙌🏻. I wanted to share an update with you. I have run the "Data Verification" and I am pleased to inform you that it was successful, as you will see in the attached image.

However, I am still facing some issues while trying to perform the auxiliary copy. Therefore, I would like to ask for your valuable help in resolving these obstacles and moving forward with the task.

The next critical step is to transfer this primary copy from the Old StoreOnce to the New StoreOnce. Your experience and knowledge are truly appreciated, and I am confident that with your guidance we will be able to successfully complete this migration.

I really appreciate your collaboration and support in this matter. Your help is essential to achieve our goals.😊

I look forward to hearing from you and working together to resolve these challenges.

Best regards!💪🏼

PST: please note that the jobs that I need to move are old.

Awesome - with that out of the way we can try tackle the copy issue.

I found a lot of previous cases with this error - it seems like the vast majority are related to an issue that causes this error to show - but it is purely cosmetic and does not affect the copy operating. Meaning, the Job copies just fine, but this error shows up erroneously. There is a pending fix for that slated to release in FR11.34.

So I wanted to double check - does the job keep progressing or does it enter a pending state?