Skip to main content

We have just updated to 11.24.38 and were expecting to be able to exclude Teams sites from SharePoint backups. The release documentation for MR38 has the following two entries:

• SharePoint Online: v2 - missing option to Exclude Teams sites. 5118, 5121, 5122
  • Adding support to be able to exclude Team sites from SharePoint Online configuration. 5131

However, I cannot see anything in Command Center nor can I find anything in the online documentation on how to add this. Is this done at a content level or via additional settings? We are using O365 V2 agents for the Teams and SharePoint backups.

Good morning.  Have you tried the following:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/130539_removing_site_from_sharepoint_online_app.html

Hi yes, that lets us do one site at a time but isn’t practical when a customer has several hundred (or thousand) Teams that are getting picked up by SharePoint backups. My reading of the the release notes is that the ability to collectively exclude all Teams sites was being added (the individual exclusion has been there a while).

Understood.  I spoke with one of our SMEs and they referred me to this setting.  Let me know if this helps you achieve the intended goal.

So, we have to add the “All groups and teams sites” and then exclude from backup? 

Not quite sure how a group fits in here but if that’s a different entity to a Team then they need to be able to be specified separately.

I will check out on a test tenant, thanks for the information.

Hi @Mike London UK , hope all is well!

Following up tp see if the above worked.

Thanks!

Hi Mike, @Orazan  it does look like the Teams sites are being excluded having added the “All groups and teams sites” group to the content and then excluding it from backup. My test tenant shows last backup of the Teams sites back in March and for Teams shows last backup as yesterday.

Awesome, sounds great!

Let me know if we’re good to mark this as solved.

Yes let’s mark this as solved, thanks.

Great, thanks!