Skip to main content
Solved

Installation Directory look up failed for given mediaagent

• 16 February 2022
  • 3 replies

When I setup a HPe Catalyst library I’m getting the following message after I enter the information for the library, host user account etc: it does detect the store Ok, but when I click on OK. I get the alert “Installation Directory look up failed for given mediaagent”. I have same media agent configure for another Cat library on different storeonce ok. I change the Media agent to use a different one, it finishes Ok. Anyone have any ideas.

Can you try the Expert Storage Config and add the library first, then add in the UNC path as the mountpath.?  I have seen that fix the issue in many of our incidents.

Details are described here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/8967_expert_storage_configuration_advanced.html

Mike, Thanks. That worked. Configured the Alias and then built the Catalyst Library from there. Goes to show you, Commvault usually has 4 or 5 different way to do something, just have to try and remember them.

Thanks

Glad to help!  Yeah, there are always a few ways to accomplish a goal.  When in doubt, come ask around here and we’ll get you an answer!