Question

intellisnap - hp primera

• 26 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

vmware client is configured and hyperscal x media agents are added as the proxy , we are using san mode and hyperscal x having visibility to datastore,

our commserver or Media agent doesnt have intellisnap installed

now we are setting up intellisnap for one subclient - array has added ,

array config - added 3 hyperscal x media agent as access nodes -

snapshot properties - we dont have any media agent in local host , do i need select remote snapshot MA and select hyperscal nodes ? in this case any additional package need to install .

since media agent has visibility to datastore i belvi it ll be proxyless backup . but we having error . i have add the log 

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Ajal 

I think there may be some confusion here. The MediaAgent isn’t the one doing the snapshot. IntelliSnap is an array-based snapshot. The associated array uses its own snapshot engine to take the snapshot, then it gets mounted to the VSA Proxy. If you plan on doing proxyless backups, note there are some limitations.

IntelliSnap Backup Operations and Backup Copy Operations Run Without a Proxy ESXi Host

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/intellisnap_backup_operations_and_backup_copy_operations_run_without_proxy_esxi_host.html

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Collin Harper  ok thank you , do we need to install intellisnap package in any of the media agents ,or commserv

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Ajal 

There is no “IntelliSnap Package”. The ability to perform IntelliSnap backups comes with the backup Agent, not the Media Agent. Once the Agent is installed you simply need to enable IntelliSnap in the Client properties AND the Subclient properties of the subclient you want to take IntelliSnap backups of.

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Collin Harper  thanks,

by agent hope you are referring to vsa agent for vmware backup and i can see intellisnap package in the commvault installation not sure why is it there

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Ajal 

Yes by Agent I am referring to the backup Agent, Windows Filesystem, VSA, Linux Filesystem, NDMP, etc..

@Collin Harper  thanks,

I can see intellisnap package in the commvault installation not sure why is it there

Do you mean in the install directory, in the Client Properties, or as an option to select during the install?

Thank you,

Collin

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Collin Harper 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @Ajal 

What documentation page is this from? Can you provide the link?

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

Installation Roles and Packages (commvault.com)

@Collin Harper