Question

Invalid Storage Policy ID.

• 8 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

i am getting below alert , we are using latest 11.32 software package , i dont remember creating a SP for DDP in the past dedeployments , any idea

Invalid Storage Policy ID. Please verify Client[grb-srv-backup], Agent[File System], Instance[DefaultInstanceName], Backupset[defaultBackupSet], Subclient[DDBBackup] is associated to a valid Storage Policy.

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi @Ajal,

Will you please check and ensure that the correct storage policy is associated with the DDBBackup subclient for the MA “grb-srv-backup”.

Regards,

Wasim

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Wasim  there was no SP assigned , this is a new deployement , i dont think we need to manually create and assign SP for DDB

Badge +3

Hi @Ajal,

When you create a storage policy with deduplication enabled, the DDB backup subclient is automatically created under the File System Agent on the MediaAgent client where the DDB's are hosted.

The DDB Backup subclient uses the same deduplicated storage policy as that of the DDB.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/12504_deduplication_database_backup.html

Regards,

Wasim

Userlevel 1
Badge +13

@Wasim  we dont do this manually , we have created Storage pool with DEdup and creating SP in the storage pool , i never done this manually , is this bug with new version 

Badge +3

Hi @Ajal,

Seems, there is no known issue.

I would like you to raise a ticket to investigate further on this issue.

Regards,

Wasim