Skip to main content

I was looking at ea.commvault.com and I don’t see the Commvault master track any more. 

Hi, @christopherlecky - it is, the name was updated in 2021 to Commvault Certified Expert https://ea.commvault.com/Education/Certification

A little more here 

Thanks @Jennifer Kelley 

In regards to your question if the Master or Certified Expert is still a thing….. Well I'm not sure if it is still maintained. When I did the exam some information was outdated already and it doesn't really cover a lot of the new developments like cloud, automation and topics like ransomware. It also doesn't really cover things like best practices etc.

Now I'm not sure, and if I recall correctly, if a new updated program is in the making already. With the return of @Frank Celauro Í was hoping to see some progress on an updated course, but it could be that it just takes a lof of time to put everything into place. Let's see what 2023 is going to bring us! I loved the Master/Export course during Commvault GO!!

I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to track, document and create learning materials for Commvault at this point. 

I still have @Frank Celauro’s original book on storage policy design and the depth and breadth of what commvault does at this point makes what he had to contend with in the past Childs play.

That said, I really liked the “Master” designation in the exam. 

It’s like being the High Overlord of commvault.

Just noticed the EA page has been replaced by an externally sourced site and it seems the certification have been updated as the Expert training is now called Certified Expert 11.26.1

Curious to learn more and to hear if there are plans to organize courses at the HQ in TF. 

@Onno van den Berg 

We will be providing details about the new learning platform soon. The new version of the Expert course is a minor update and does not require an update exam to maintain current Expert certification. Currently classes in the US continue to be offered virtually, and there are no immediate plans for onsite events.