Question

Last Job Update TIme lagging and inaccurate

• 29 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Techies,

We have 11.32.49 and its job controller do not show correct job status / progress in Java console. Sometime it will update real-time, sometime 20 to 30 minutes delay. Thought we have open a support case and awaiting RCA. In the meantime, I am sure many of you have come across similar issues. 

This problem that I explained above is with all types of jobs. In fact library space also messed up badly. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @VVM 

Thanks for the great question!
In regards to the "Last update Time” it is very different between backup agent and depends on when the last checkpoint has been reached during the job.

For example during a file system backup it has the rules to check back and update the CS based on time passed but the SQL backup agent only updates the CS when it completes a database in the instance. This can result in a chunk of time to pass before the CS receives any kind of update in some scenarios. 

It is also a troubleshooting tool to use to look for a hung or crashed job as it is unable to report back to the CS and could be Dead. I expect a job to be updated reasonable frequently and anything over 30 min is raise for concern but there could be a simple answer for the issue ( for example the SQL scenario ).

Can you advise the ticket number?

Kind regards
Albert Williams