Solved

license for VMware Live sync configuration

• 25 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello team

just looking to see how to find out if we have required licenses to configure Vmware Live sync

license summary report shows  -  category : DR VM permanent total : 80 used : 0

does this sound right license for vmware live sync ?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 27 October 2022, 16:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @DanC !

You likely do:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/108190_commvault_licensing_program_guide.html

It’s part of Commvault Complete.  Check the guide via that link and search for LiveSync.  First thing that comes up!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Mike Struening  thanks

Comparing Product/Feature with what we have in license details, and name/sku is slightly different.

could you take a look see if the below SKU including live sync licenses for vmware ? thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yeah, it’s not so easy to match it up!

I captured the feature and only your license in the screenshot here.

Just be sure you’re on 11.25 or higher as per the footnote:

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Mike Struening  thanks

the footnote stated all features available of V11.sp25 but We’re on SP24, I think Live sync license should be included ? do I need contact our sale rep to confirm this ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would to be safe.  My understanding is you need 11.25.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Metering enforcement for DR VM (a.k.a. Live Sync) was introduced in v11.21. The CV-BR-VM10 SKU does include DR VM entitlements however your current license key most likely was generated prior to v11.21 before the DR VM entitlements were added to the key.

Please reach out to our License Manager (prodreg@commvault.com) and request a license key refresh. This will update your license key with the currently available entitlements including DR VM. Be sure to include your CommCell ID for proper CommCell identification.