Skip to main content

Hi,
is it possible to generate a license summary report for companies?
E. g. i associate clients to that company and then i can create a report?
Using V. 11.28.44.

Regards
Dennis

There are options for you to extract license usage by CommCell ID. I would start by looking at the;

License Summary directly from CommCell Console then Company Usage

Thanks, but i can only see the complete summary.
Is it possible to split them? That i define clients which will be included in the license overwiew?

Go to the command center / reports and that will give you a more granular configuration where you can drill down to agents/clients etc. 

OK, i start the license summary report on command center.
Is it possible to define an own company where i can define the clients that depends on that company?
Or to create a computer client group where i can get a report about the licenses (TB).
I will find out which clients/company uses how much licenses (TB).

I would use the Command Center's version of the License Summary Report.
You should be able to select to view licenses at Commcell level and on company level there, at least I think it's also available in 11.28… I am running 11.30 so not sure..

OK, i have create a company and now i see this entry.
But what must i do to put clients in it?

Hi Dennis,

When you go to Manage → Servers you can change them to another company.

In 11.30 you need to select the server and in the top you will get an option called “Change Company”

In 11.28 I believe this option is under the actions button, not sure, they might have changed it to the 11.30 method

Then you get an additional window where you can select the company.

Select Preview and then acknowledge the change.

Don’t forget to refresh and recalculate your License Summary Report after this change.

Unfortunately I haven't been so far successful.
Create a company, put some test clients in it. Takes a long time……...and the report doesn’t works finne and takes a long time too.
I see this client computer group in my java console.
Then i delete the company. It automatically deletes the client computer group with the client and from the client it deletes the commvault client agent. Is this normal?