Skip to main content

Hello guys,
can someone tell me, how I’m able to create additional copies of my SharePointOnline backups ?

I need to retain regular backups for 2 week + weekend’s backups (Synfull) for 2 months.
Additional backups are required on the last day each month, copied to tape with 1 year retention.

I tried to setup a plan, but didn’t seem to be able to create the required synthetic full backups at the time needed for longterm / extended retention.

Since I’m used to use schedule Policies, where all this is easy to configure/setup, I find it hard to achieve similar with a plan. M365 can only make use of plans, therefore I’m forced t use it here.

modifying the schedule policies created by the plan, doesn’t work either.

rgds
Klaus

O365 backups do not support synfull backups. It was designed for incremental forever policy and retention is set as individual item retention. If you desire additional copies you would need to aux copy all jobs.

Thanks @Scott Reynolds .

this leads to the situation, that I need to retain all backups and I’m not able to export backup data to a bunker location with a limited number of tapes and jobs.

My backup storage is growing permanently, since I need to retain ALL backups for the time I wanted to retain only one Backup ?

rgds
Klaus 

@johanningk , confirming you have an answer to your question.

As @Scott Reynolds mentioned, O365 backups are Incremental Forever.