Skip to main content

Hi,

When Commvault Complete licensing was released, there was a restriction that would not allow mixing TB licenses (CV-BR-FT) with instance licenses (CV-BR-VM10 and/or CV-BR-OI).

I was wondering if that restriction is still active.

The licensing program guide seems to be referring to the new licensing only.

Please advise.

Regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Yes, the original Complete program drove a decision point between TB or VM/OI to try and keep the programs simplified and the metering clear.

With the release of workload licensing about two years ago, we updated some of the rules… so you can mix VM and TB licensing in the same environment (if VM licensing is present, all VM’s will be counted in that manner).  You still cannot mix OI and TB though, as both are designed to cover the same type of workload (non-virtual), and the metering logic can’t count one workload type two different ways in the same commcell.

If you have the older licensing, you can also introduce VM licensing to that if it suits the need… but the biggest thing to note on that is that you would have to then license your entire VM environment by VM.  You can’t selectively say “I want to license these ten VM’s by VM, and the rest I want to count by TB.”

Hope this helps!

-- Jeremy

Thank you very much @Jeremy Allen .

Quick question:

can Complete B&R and the new B&R licensing be mixed in the same commcell?