Skip to main content

Hi

I’m having some troubles with Teams backup in particular when customer enabled MFA after express configuration for the global admin account, backup stopped working - the Azure app has invalid token status.

I’ve got a support involved in this and among other things they recommend to:

• Exclude the service accounts that are created by the express configuration from the following policies:

• Modern authentication policies

• Automatic password reset policies

https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/134545_use_express_configuration_option_in_office_365_guided_setup_for_teams.html

I don’t believe that would be the issue because it worked before and stopped after enabling MFA for global admin but despite this I would like to check this.

I’ve asked some folks about this but no one can tell me what exactly is 

• Modern authentication policies

• Automatic password reset policies

and where to find this in Azure portal.

Can anyone share some more light about where I can find this?

Cheers!

Sorry I screwed the title, it should be:
“Modern authentication and Automatic password reset policies for Teams backup”

But I cannot edit it.

Copied and pasted your title.

Let me get some folks to chime in on the content you need!

I think I found your support case, so I’ll track it as well.

Regarding those policies you mentioned, those are Azure options.

Here’s a MSFT doc that discusses this (though in no way a comprehensive answer):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/hybrid-modern-auth-overview?view=o365-worldwide

I read this but I’m still confused. The article describes modern auth for on-premises Skype for Business and Exchange servers, but I actually need this for teams backup. There are 2 cmdlets mentioned in the article, that I can use, but to be honest I still won’t know if that is what’s described in commvault docs at the end of the page. It’s a maybe, a big MAYBE :-)

I think it would be best to reach out to the author, but I certainly wouldn’t know who that is and even worse - how to reach him or her. (The only correspondence I ever got from docs team are completely anonymous, but that’s another subject). I’m counting on you @Mike Struening 😎

The good news is that my teams backup seems to be working again now, even without checking those policies, but I have many more O365 backup deployments ahead of me and it would be great if I know what to look for in the future 😊

I know people 😎

Let me reach out to my friends in the docs team to find out who the author is and get this clarified.

Hey @Mike Struening 

How are you doing? 😃

Sorry, @Robert Horowski someone was supposed to reply 🤣

I’ll share their comments:

This is on the azure portal front options

But once the customer does any changes on azure then always recommended to reaquire the token for the same apps

From the configuration page of command center then backups will move on

Every 24 hours

We will automatically check the status of the apps

If customer changes anything then we will mark those apps as invalid

Let me know if any detail is still unclear.