Skip to main content

Hello,

How can I remove a SVM I added in the properties of the netapp client (storage virtual machine tab)? 

Hi @LiorRN 

Do you see a NAS Client with the name of the SVM in question under the Client Computers node of the Commcell console?  If so check the properties of the client → Storage Virtual Machines tab and from here you should be able to remove it from the Netapp cluster.

Hi,

thanks for the replay

I see a NAS client (netapp) I’m backing with NDMP & CIFS share (both windows and linux)

In the properties of the client at the storage virtual machine tab there is no option to remove the SVM

only to detect and add 

@LiorRN Before you change any client or configuration, make sure the CIFS or NDMP client you are talking about is not being backed up. A lot of times we see NDMP clusters as well as the individual SVM being backed up, so that is why I say to check this carefully.

Review your enviroment carefully so you dont accidentely delete things you might need in the future. If you have any questions, please do contact support so they can help you.

When you configured your NetApp client, a lot of times, customers will configured from a Cluster Level which will allow commvault to discover various SVMs within that cluster.

You can see the SVMs within the Array Management. Take a look at the example;

1- Identified the Cluster. Properties will show me the SVMs

2- Go to the Array Management

3- Locate the SVM and choose Delete

4- If you go back to the client, the SVM will not be there

One last thing, having the SVM listed there, should not affect your enviroment, it is simple showing what was discovered by CV.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks, I will try and update