Question

OK ERR -24927,ERR_TOOLCHK: External backup tool not found The file '/opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/in' already exists.

• 19 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hello guys, 

I have 2 Maxdb databases configured in the same client where one of them completes sucessfully and the another one gets the following error:

Details:

OK ERR -24927,ERR_TOOLCHK: External backup tool not found The file '/opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/in' already exists.

I already remove the in, out and err files from the directory, but the error persist.

Could you please helpe me fixing it?

8 replies

Badge +1

Hello rdias,

Thank you for reaching out.

Regarding your query, could you please share the output of “medium_getall” command from the DBMCLI command line in the database?

We want to confirm how the mediums are setup for both the DBs and if they are setup as per documentation - https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/expert/22205_configuring_multiple_streams_for_backups_and_restores.html 

Badge +1

Hello Vaibhav Narayan

I appreciate your help.

Follow the command output. The first one is where the backup run perfectly. The anoher one is where it fails.

dbmcli on CSP>medium_getall
OK
COM     /backup_local/CSP/data/CSP_COM  FILE    DATA    0       8       YES     NO              20220419101048  20220419101048          NONE    0
LOG     /backup_local/CSP/log/CSP_LOG   FILE    AUTO    0       8       YES     NO              20220422144637  20220422144637          NONE    0
BackData2mem1   /sapdb/CSP/data/pipe/pipe_mem1  PIPE    DATA    0       8       NO      NO              20221021100426  20221021100426          BACK    0

dbmcli on CCP>medium_getall
OK
BackData2       /backup_local/CCP/data/pipe_mem2        PIPE    DATA    0       8       NO      NO              20220831231658  20220831231658          BACK    0

Badge +1

Hello rdias,

Can you please check and share the contents of bsi env and backint configuration files from both databases?

Badge +1

Hello Pradyu,

Sorry for my dalay.

cat backint.conf
BACKINT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/backint
INPUT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/in
OUTPUT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/out
ERROROUTPUT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/err
PARAMETERFILE /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/param
TIMEOUT_SUCCESS 300
TIMEOUT_FAILURE 300

cat param
numstreams
CvInstanceName
Instance001
CvClientName
gcppcspdb01ler
selectiveOnlineFull

Please, let me know if I miss something.

Badge +1

Hi rdias,

can you check for bsi.env file in sap kernel/root directories and share its contents.

Badge +1

Hi Pradyu.

I coudn’t find the file you mentioned in the kernel/root directories.

So I compared this server with the QA environment, where the backup runs without fail, and I found this file. The content of it is the same of backint.conf.

I created this file keeping similar permissions, and did a stop/start on commvault services.

Next day the original schedule runs the backup and the fail keeps the same.

Badge +1

Hi rdias

i will suggest following steps to follow:

check if you are using same backint.conf file for both database backups by verifying the BSI_ENV parameter value on both databases.

if yes, create a dedicated backint.conf for second database in your server:

Eg: dbm_configset -raw BSI_ENV <software install path>/SapMaxDbAgent/<SID>/backint.conf

similarly update dedicated in,out & err files for second instance in its backint.conf file.

INPUT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/<SID>/in
OUTPUT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/<SID>/out
ERROROUTPUT /opt/commvault/SapMaxDbAgent/<SID>/err

Badge +1

Hello guys,

I’m sorry for the long wait. After several meets, DBA decided this backup is no longer needed anymore.

I appreciate your help.