Skip to main content

Hello,

we are currently evaluating our options for a customer who wants to replicate his VMware VMs offsite.

vCloud Director (vCD) is supported as a LiveSync target and OVH SDDC cloud offering seems based on vCD ; but then other things could keep the replication for working, for instance :

• OVH not exposing the required vCD API to its tenants
  • OVH not giving enough permissions to its tenants

Does anyone here knows if it can be done ?

Thanks !

Hi MB-GH,

I looked through our documentation and other resources.  I was unable to find any historical documentation related to OVH SDDC. Meaning you are probably the first to bring this up.  We might not be able to answer this directly as it has not been tested, we validate against the large Cloud companies (AWS, Azure, OVM)    I would imagine that as long as OVH SDDC is able to provide exactly what Commvault would require from a vCenter to make Livesync work then it sounds feasible.  I think you would have to setup a test bed for true confirmation on this though. If you contact OVH SDDC do they have any literature that speaks to an integration like this working?  Below is a place to start in our Documentation 

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/129536_component_requirements_for_primary_and_secondary_sites.html

PS: looking online it seemed like the OVH SDDC only offers email support so there might be a limitation there, I could be wrong but you might want to verify because if an issue happens they will be bound to the support level provided, which could be a pain point going forward. 

Hi Jim, thanks for your help.

Yes as I feared I will need to engage with OVH if I want a definitive answer.

I’ll update this post if/when I get an answer, thanks again !

@MB-GH , any word from OVH?

Thanks!

@MB-GH , I’m going to mark this as solved, though if you hear anything from OVH, please share with us!