Skip to main content
Solved

Permissions Required to manage Auto Recovery features

• 24 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I need to be able to assign access to only the Auto Recovery features. This would include “Replication Groups” “Replication Targets” and “Replication Monitor”. This Role would need to be able to create replication pairs in Azure using the Command Center.

I don not want to allow any other access to systems, including deleting or managing VMs outside of Auto Recovery.

Is this possible. Essentially looking for the minimum amount of permissions required to permit this task.

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Sonny ,

Not sure if what you are looking to do is possible, As there are permissions for the replication pairs and sets so that you can manage them.  These docs contain the permissions that you will need to grant. 

https://documentation.commvault.com/2024e/expert/user_security_permissions_by_feature.html

For the above link look for replication and you will see the permissions that you might have to grant.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka 

Badge +1

Thanks Edward for the reply.

Odd, I looked over this doc but didn’t notice replication sets. You’re right, this is the basic stuff, but there will be additional right just to be able to login to the Command Center and actually function. But it’ll be a good starting point to test with. 

Thanks @HolowEd 

Sonny