Solved

Popup on any change attempt: "You need to select at least one log storage policy"

• 30 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Weird issue here.  I’m attempting to disable an old, legacy storage policy.  However, if I try to make any change at all with this particular storage policy, I get this popup:

"You need to select at least one log storage policy" 

And I mean any change.  Name of the policy, retention, client association, disabling for backup, etc- they all generate this popup.  I had to move all of the clients to a different policy manually because the “reassociate all” function generated this popup too.  Deleting the policy isn’t an option because it has a copy with extended retention.  My goal is to rename the policy and disable it for backups.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 30 April 2021, 17:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We were able to fix it on a remote session using the script FixForStoragePolicyPropertyUpdate.sqle

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

First note, love the User name and avatar image.  Wonderful!

With that said, I did find something that describes your issue (it’s consistently the solution to this error).

What version are you on now?  A fix/script was released in 11.20 WinX64_11.0.0B80_119554 (Form ID 96860) with some instructions:

1) In SQL management Studio run the below query and get the affected Storage Policy ids:
SELECT * FROM archGroup WHERE logSP > 0
2) Run this qscript passing the affected SP ids as input with below command:
Qscript -f FixForStoragePolicyPropertyUpdate.sqle -i <StoragePoliyIdListWithCommaSeparated>
3) Try to open the affected SP and close it.  We should no longer see any error.
4) Rerun the query in step 1 and make sure no results returned

If you aren’t comfortable with the above, feel free to open a support case and reference this thread.

Badge +1

Ha! Thanks, Mike.

We’re currently on SP16.72 so hopefully this will work with my version.  I will definitely give this a shot, but I need to bow to the gods of Change Control first before I can get my hands dirty.  Thank you both for your help! I’ll reply back with the results once this all goes through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you, my dear friend Mr. Yates, Jr!

Badge +15

Can you check EvMgrS.log and see what it tells you? If you need more details crank that up to maybe 3 run the steps to the error again and see what it says? Then return the log to the default.

Also, I have seen something similar and in my case it had been a while since I last restarted the CV Services and doing so, fixed my issue. Have you tried that?

Badge +1

I looked at the EvMgrS.log, but it didn’t catch anything.  We have a weekly patch cycle, so the Commserve services get restarted once a week, and the Commserve itself is rebooted once or twice a month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The gods are mighty, even for Iron Man’s jovial butler!

If it doesn’t work, reply back here and I’ll jump on and reply!

Badge

Howdy,

Can any one advise on how to get this qscript?  I have this exact problem and think this would be a great fix, but need the fix script.

Cheers

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Thom Moran of the Clan Moran (man, I love that name)!

If it isn’t in the Commserve’s Base folder, then you likely have to contact Support to get a copy.