Skip to main content

Hi Team,

I have Storage policy and the primary library is IBM tape library. Due to space constraints few servers are assigned directly to the tapes. So, the concern is by default created the big data apps index server for the storage policy is going to the same storage policy. Is it right way to keep the index server's backup on tape.

If incase, I have to require browsing 30 days old data, do required tapes and is there any copy saved on media server for index cache?

PFB snapshot for reference.

Hello @Thava_91 

It is correct to have the index backups going to the same policy as the data backups. Whether it’s tape, disk, or cloud is agnostic to us.

If you need to do a Browse, we will try using the index from the Index Cache on the MediaAgent. If the Index has aged out of the index cache we will restore it from the index backup. If we need to restore from the Index backup on tape, all tapes containing the last index cycle will need to be in the library.

Thank you,

Collin

One of the client is running on this storage policy. I ran full backup and I tried to browse immediately but could not browse it. I raised vendor case, they found media agent index Cache folder is empty. Also, the full backup tape is inside the library but still not able to browse it.

I have raised a vendor case and still working on it: Incident 230825-64

Error: The index cannot be accessed. Try again later.