Question

qoperation script for picking up a specific job for backup copy (like via Commcell Console)

• 26 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hi

I have a problem with automatic selecting inc SnapShots for Backup Copy → see post:  

(I have opened a case and it seems that I have found another bug)

I wish to do this via script:

because there is no way to do this via REST or Powershell I’m now looking for a way to do this with qoperation … is this possible ?

Best regards

Frank

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @dcvadmin 

Thanks for the great question, i think the following will achive what you are trying here: 
https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/markjobsoncopy.html

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Badge +5

Hi Albert

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately this does not help!

This only refers to aux copy (‘ MarkJobsOnCopy script for marking job on storage policy copy for the auxiliary copy job’). I have tested it and it does not help in my case. I can't select jobs for explicit ‘Backup Copy’ as it is possible in the CommCell Console as shown in my post. I can only determine whether a job in the defined chain (snap, snapvault) is considered or not and here everything works as it should.
This function ‘pick for backup copy’ is unfortunately again not available in the Command Center (once again something that is missing like so many other things) 

Best regards

Frank

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @dcvadmin 

On the Storage Policy there is going to be an "snapshot”copy available. This is used before the primary copy and if you view the jobs on this copy you can recopy jobs through the backup copy.

The term Aux copy in this case is referred to managed the data from copy A > Copy B and in your case that is the storage to the CV Managed disk. 

You should be able to use this command to mark jobs on the Snap copy for recopy and if you cannot i would recommend a ticket to assist with the troubleshooting.

Kind regards
Albert Williams

Badge +1

many thanks for the input ... but unfortunately no! I can only select (in my setup) which snapshots should not be copied or should be copied again. unlike the 'old' pick for backup copy, it unfortunately has no effect on the subsequent actual "backup copy". the job is still ignored here

ok … wrong account → dcvadmin 😉

Best regards 

Frank