Question

Question on License capacity

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

Recently we had multiple clients because of which license was over utilized to 130%. so, I disabled the clients for which backup isn’t required and now the license utilization is at 92% but I still see the below error.

“The system is over the licensed capacity/usage. Data management jobs will not run.
Please contact your software provider to purchase additional capacity/usage licenses.
Click the link for details on how to address over-capacity or over-usage situations.”

Could you please suggest if I need to worry because it says Data Management jobs will not run.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mentee ,

Once the reset period is over the message should go away.

Badge

Please review: Resetting License Capacity in the CommCell Console (commvault.com)

To decrease the capacity usage while you wait for the new license, you can delete the largest backup jobs and run data aging operations. If the capacity usage decreases below 110%, the system resets the over-capacity condition, and all jobs are resumed. The grace period counter also resets to 0, but only if your capacity usage remains below 110% for the next 96 hours.