Skip to main content

I’d like to perform the steps to enable ‘Reconcile Backup’ that are outlined in the document below via the API. 
I can’t find the details via standard API calls or a relevant qscript to GET or SET the reconcile backup setting, does anyone have any guidance as to how I can achieve this?

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/144833_reconciling_backups_of_windows_file_system_subclients.html

Many thanks

Hi @M0nda 

You can achieve the same via qcommand.

Let’s say, you want to enable reconcile backup property for all the subclients for multiple clients. This is how you can achieve it in one shot.

#1 - Create a client computer group and add all the clients to this group. Let’s say, the group name is “Group-001”

#2 - On any machine where Commvault is installed, navigate to Base folder.

For Unix - /opt/commvault/Base

For Windows - C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Base

#3 - Open the command prompt for Windows or terminal for Linux

#4 - Run ./qlogin to first login as the Commserver user (probably admin)

#5 - Have an xml file on the machine with below content -

<App_UpdateSubClientPropertiesRequest>
    <processinginstructioninfo>
        <user userId="1"/>
        <locale localeId="0"/>
    </processinginstructioninfo>
    <subClientProperties>
        <fsSubClientProp isTrueUpOptionEnabledForFS="1"></fsSubClientProp>
    </subClientProperties>
    <association>
        <entity _type_="28" clientGroupName="Group-001" />
    </association>
</App_UpdateSubClientPropertiesRequest>

#6 - Run the qcommand “./qoperation execute -af /tmp/file.xml”

#7 - This will update “Reconcile Backup” property for all the subclients for all the clients in the client computer group “Group-001”

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Sparsh

Similarly, if you want to run the script at client level or backupset level, just replace association tags in above xml.

Client level –

<association>
        <entity _type_="3" clientName="Client-XYZ" />
    </association>

Backupset level –

<association>
        <entity _type_="6" appName="File System" instanceName="DefaultInstanceName" backupsetName="defaultBackupSet" clientName="Client-XYZ" />
    </association>

Got it thanks Sparsh! 
Just couldn’t figure out which of the 300 or so subclient properties in the API to enable. 
From the API could i run something like this then? Setting (-si subclientprop  -si subclientpropvalue) as (-si isTrueUpOptionEnabledForFS  -si 1). 
I’ll give it a try and report back. 

Many thanks!

qoperation execscript -sn SetSubClientProperty -si 'c=clientname'  -si 'a=Q_UNIX_DB2'  -si  'i=instancename' -si 'b=backupsetname' -si 's=subclientname' -si isTrueUpOptionEnabledForFS  -si 1