Skip to main content

Got a question around the effect on backup when renaming folders in backups of azure files. Running commvault version 11.28

A container containes a folder named “longfoldername” and gets backed up succesful. For some reason it gets renamed to a new foldername with a shorter name “folder1”  

After this I see a failed items in my jobs, with the original filepath of “longfoldername” and the error ParentNotFound, which is logical since that folder does not exist any more. The number of failed is consistent, so it happens on all incrementals.

So how do i clear the failed items count?

Theres been run several synthetic fulls after rename without clearing. 

Good afternoon.   I was under the impression that the folders can not be renamed but cloned.  Can you please update with how you processed the name change?

AFAIK the folders are renamed from the smb client. This will probably trigger a clone/copy in the background.

The effect is that there is a new folder structure being backed up, but the incremental backups are still trying to access the original path as well.

There is a hotfix included in maintenance pack 11.28.36 that fixes this specific error when files are renamed/removed from azure files.

Thank you for the update.