Solved

report that shows what drives are being backed up on each FSA client and VSA VMDK filters.

• 23 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Would you tell me what Commvault report options to select to show what drives are being backed up on each FSA client and VSA VMDK filters.

icon

Best answer by Scott Moseman 23 May 2024, 17:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

https://store.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/135/663/13916

This report has a “Subclient Content” section which can help with the File System Agents.  I’m not sure about a report to show the VSA filters.

It sounds like you may have a very specific situation you’re trying to investigate.

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you for the report.

The report I am looking for might look like this , just want to know what drives letters am backing up instead of everything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

The default subclient (content: \) is designed as a catch-all.  If you only want to backup specific drives, you would create subclients specifically for those and disable the default subclient.

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

my end customer would like to know  what drives letters am backing up instead of everything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This would only be data available in a post backup job report, since we don’t have the drive letters configured in advance, and I don’t believe that’s an available (or realistic) report.

If this is really necessary, my best suggestion would be to have your account team engage our Personalization team to see if there’s a custom report they could develop for you.

Thanks,
Scott