Skip to main content

Recently I was tasked with restoring ACLs on a file share that was accidentally overwritten.  When I started working on the recovery I had an issue that I was  unable to see what the permissions were on the folders and files in the backup and the only way I was able to determine which backup had the data that I needed was to restore multiple times until I was able to find a backup that had the ACLs on them.  Is there a better way to do this?  Is there an option in Commvault that I’m not aware of to be able to view the ACLs on the backup copies of the data?

Thanks for your time.

-Adam

Hello @alh35 

Can you let me know what iDataAgent the data was backed up under? Is this NDMP data or Filesystem data?

Thank you,
Collin

This particular instance was Windows filesystem agent, but we also use NDMP and linux file system agents.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello @alh35 

Unfortunately there is no way to Browse ACLs as you would a Backup before you restore it. You would have to restore out of place, check that they are correct, then restore in place.

It might be worth reaching out to your Account Manager\Sales Team to see if they can submit a request with Development to see if this is possible to add into the software in the future.

Thank you,
Collin