Skip to main content
After upgrading our Commvault environment from 11.26.35 to 11.28.18 we have problems browsing mailboxes. We also don't see any teams or sharepoint sites.When I browse a mailbox, the following message appears in the Commcell Console: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond." On the Command Center I get the message: "This operation may take a long time. Please be patient."I suspect there is a problem with the CommServe DB, because we have a warning that the Commserve database tables are too large (8.52 GB) I have already run a DB Full Maintenance job what not solve the problem.The backup jobs that night ran through without error messages. Thanks for any help.

Can you check if the Health Report in the Command Center shows any issues within the Scale Statistics section? There should be a subsection called Top 10 Largest Tables by Size, when you click on details you can see which DB has a scaling issue.

Not sure though that this is your problem… But lets see which tables are mentioned

Hi Jos

Thanks for your Reply.

The Table with the warning is JMFailureReasonMsgParam

Name                                              Data Size     Index Size      Total Row Count

JMFailureReasonMsgParam 151 MB 0.34 MB 2061974

Not expecting this to cause an issue, do you see issues in the following logs:

browse.log
cvd.log
cvfwd.log

Port 20000 is not open to our Index Server. I have make a Firewall request to open it again.

But that doesn’t explain why this table is so big.

@bensteiner , I found an old internal KB for the same issue.  Can you give this a try?

Upon running the following query in SQL:

select * from JMFailureReasonMsgParam

This table has over 1 million rows.

Changing the following parameter in the Commcell Console Control Panel -> Media Management -> Data aging tab "Days to keep job options for a completed job" to o20] from m30] decreased the amount of rows to ~ half a million (more than 50%) bringing the amount of rows below the threshold to trigger the event in the health report.

At this point, the customer has the choice to switch this setting back to 30 days, since the condition that caused it in the first place was not a common occurrence.

An upload to both private and public reports reflected the above changes and the issue was resolved.