Question

Restrict Commcell Console and Admin Dashboard access to one server

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Everyone,

My network security guru is asking if there is a way to restrict access to the Commcell Console and Admin Console so it can only be accessed on the Commserve server.  I am aware of role based security and the Two-Factor.  But they just want it that the only way to access them is from the one server, or maybe our Jump-boxes that we use to access all our internal servers.  Hopefully someone knows if this is even possible or if we just need to go with Two-Factor and they will have to be happy with that solution.  Thanks for any help.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Heath ,

Is it possible to limit the network traffic to the ports that are required by those 2 consoles to the jump box?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Amey Karandikar 

Thanks for the reply.  Yes we should be able to limit traffic to ports.  So I would have to find out what ports they are using and limit that to everything except the Jump box, however not sure what else might be using those ports and not sure what they even are without looking it up.  I am thinking along this same line maybe we can block any traffic from the consolse, I am sure they show a specific way in traffic..

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

For commcell console it will be port 8401 on the commserve machine and for command center it would be https port 443 on the command center machine.