Solved

Retire VM Group or Subclient

• 15 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

we have a few VM Groups which I want to disable and exclude from the Schedule. The VM Groups are associated to a Server Plan. If I disable the Backup of the VM Group the Backup Schedule will start the Backup like for the other associated Clients but will fail in the end.

Is there a way to disable the VM Grroup and keep the Backups and also disable the VM Group from being triggered by the Schedule?

The Job is also visible as Failed in the Job List and all the Reports which is a little bit confusing.

Kind Regards

Florian

icon

Best answer by Navneet Singh 15 September 2023, 15:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@flokaiser 

We don’t suggest to change the associations from the Commcell console if the associations are made with plans

You can remove the association from the plan level and monitor the environment.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

How can I remove the association from the plan? I only can change to a different plan in the VM Group. 

Can I still restore after I change the association?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@flokaiser 

You can go to adminconsole>Manage>Plan and go to associations

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @flokaiser !

Im not sure If my question is out of thread scope, but I’m looking a way to delete a VM group.
I cant find any option, at least from CommCell.

Best regards,
Nikos

Badge +3

Hello all,

the same for me, can’t find a way to delete a VM Group.

Found only a way to do it by API, but not via browser Delete the VM Group | REST API Docs (commvault.com)

Please help!

Best Regards

Sergej

Badge +3

Hello,

seems in the version 11.34 (2024) it’s possible to delete a VM group

Best Regards

Sergej

Badge

@Nikos.Kyrm @Sergej sorry for late response as I am just seeing your question. I hope you found the answer. You’d have to select Retire in the Actions menu and once retired, the option to delete will show up in the same menu. Hope that helps