Skip to main content

We have a Schedule Policy for Linux clients with two tasks: one for Incremental and one for Synthetic Full based on automatic schedule settings.

We noticed that Synthetic Full is running once per week. 

Hello Eduardo,

Did you make any changes or upgrades in December?  It appears it was working correctly until then.

Hello @Eduardo Braga 

as @byates already asked did you upgrade your system around 12/7/2021?

Also did you change anything related to retention or secondary copies (are there any?) in SP assigned to this subclient around that time?

Hello Eduardo,

Did you make any changes or upgrades in December?  It appears it was working correctly until then.

I upgraded Commvault in December. 

@Eduardo Braga , what did you upgrade from and to?

This definitely sounds like something you should bring to Customer Support via an incident.

Can you create one and share the case number with us?

@Eduardo Braga , following up on this, I do not see any open support cases.  Were you able to find a solution on your end?

@Eduardo Braga , following up on this, I do not see any open support cases.  Were you able to find a solution on your end?

Hi, Mike, I can’t open a support case right now. Our contract with Commvault will be renewed soonIn the last week what I tried to do was create a new schedule policy, but I didn’t work. The CVLT continues to initiate a Synthetic Full Job per week. 

Understood.  I’ll follow up occasionally to see if you’ve renewed maintenance and opened a case.

@Eduardo Braga, Automatic Schedule jobs are usually initiated by the client(s), though I think in the case of SynthFulls it’s on the MA. If you check cvd.log and/or osc.log on the MA at the time when the backup started, it may give some insight as to what’s happening.

Hi,

There are additional rules that can trigger an automatic SFull.

Please check if one of these rules apply to your environment

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/essential/130560_automatic_server_plan_backup_schedules_and_associated_conversion_rules.html

if so that would explain why SFull is running more often then you expect.