Skip to main content

We have some servers which in the last days is going in pendin mode with the error :

Error Code: >10:64]
Description: Unable to communicate with the remote machine xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] to start the Data Pipe. Please check the network connectivity between the local machine and the remote machine and verify this product's Communications Service is running on the remote machine, Error Failed to find tunnel to media agent].
Source: <client>, Process: SQLiDA

But when I do a check readyness from the java gui - and then resume the job - it will run ok.

But the next job will go in pending - and I must do the same thing over again. 

I have updated the client and restarted the Commvault services on the client - but nothing helps.

Any Ideas

@Tore ML 

• What version are you running now on both CM, MA and client
  • Was it working before and if so can you pinpoint a change in the environment?
  • Do you use network topologies? 
  • Is it a specific agent that is failing (noticed SQLiDA)?
  • Can you pinpoint the issue to a specific set of clients?

Hello,

a small tips:

check Firewall policy :)

Best regards,

XOR

Check readiness is not exhaustive so there are some scenarios that are not checked.

There isn't enough detail here to troubleshoot this completely, but I can say from the error is that you’ve specified that a firewall tunnel (network config) must be used for the client to communicate with the Media Agent, but its is not configured properly. 

Error rFailed to find tunnel to media agent].

It looks like the client is waiting for an incoming connection from the Media Agent, but that has not been established. That usually means its an incomplete or incorrect network configuration (or the specific tunnel port is blocked on the physical firewall)