Question

Unexpected entries in "Missed SLA"

• 16 February 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi all,

since a few days ago two servers appear in the “Missing SLA” section of the SLA report but, as far as I can see, they are regularly backed up on daily basis.

These are new servers, recently integrated in our Commcell with the role of Media Agents.

Any idea about why this happens?

Thank you

Gaetano

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Gaetano 

On the SLA report select the missed SLA pie chat you can find  the reason for SLA miss out.

Document for ref: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/sla_report.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Gaetano 

On the SLA report select the missed SLA pie chat you can find  the reason for SLA miss out.

Document for ref: https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/sla_report.html

Hi @Pradeep ,

this what I see in the details table for one of the unexpected servers.

Looks like no backup is scheduled but I see recent completed jobs in the “Job history”

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Gaetano 

Reasons for missing SLA

Can we click on missed SLA Pie chart to understand the reason

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Gaetano 

Reasons for missing SLA

hi @Pradeep ,

thank you. Unfortunately, as far as I can understand, none of those reasons matches

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Gaetano 

Can we click on missed SLA section and see these clients are listed and the reason for missing SLA
You may refer below screen shot.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/missed_sla_in_sla_report.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

all the clients belong to the “No Schedule” category, please see the screenshot I sent in my second message. In the same message above you will also see that backups are regularly scheduled and completed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Gaetano 

Its strange that no schedule is the reason when the client backups are completed as per set scheduled.
We may need to review the commserve and client configuration here to understand further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Just because you are seeing completed backups does not mean all the subclients are scheduled.

there is a report for identifying unscheduled sub clients, please run that report.

You clients consist of multiple subclients.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Just because you are seeing completed backups does not mean all the subclients are scheduled.

there is a report for identifying unscheduled sub clients, please run that report.

You clients consist of multiple subclients.

Hi @christopherlecky ,

thank you, I think you hit the problem, the “default” subclient is not scheduled.

While investigating I found this, please see the picture

The two clients are both MAs. Mi-com-ma01 matches the SLA and File System agent type looks like disabled while mi-com-ma02 looks like completely enabled. Can this be the problem?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Not really. 

By default the Index and DDB subclients need to be enabled for backing up those subclients, but you can just disable the default subclient if you are not interested in backing up the media agent.

I personally never bother to back up the media agent data.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I see your point and I agree with it but none of the subclients of the clients in the picture is actually disabled. For all of them both backup and restore are enabled in the Activity Control tab.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

The pictures show backupsets, you have to expand further to show the subclient.

Any subclient that isn’t scheduled will show up in the SLA list.

You can simply disable activity on subclients you don't want to backup and it will remove it from the SLA list.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Let me better explain

This is the screen capture of the subclients of the disabled backupset

and this is the activity control page of the “default” subclient

I apologize but I don’t understand why it looks disabled but it is active in Activity Control tab.