Question

Unusual file activity Deleted File

• 20 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi there,

I just have a question about the Unusual file activity. When I go there I can see the graph and the graph also shows the Deleted Files including how many filers were deleted and the date they got deleted. So, Is it possible to see the details for that? Or generate a report for that?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @TD89 

Could you please check this once and let me know if it helps? https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/essential/160795_unusual_file_activity_report.html

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +7

Hi @Rajiv 

I have read that documentation, but it wasn’t what I was looking for unfortunately.

As you see in the screenshot below when I go to Unusual file activity I can see the graph and it shows the Deleted files. I want to see the details on that like which files got deleted.

It has the details tab below, but it didn’t show the deleted files, it just showed the modified files. I tried to use filter and rule, but nothing helped.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @TD89 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

The Unusual file activity report for file-related anomalies is a preview of file-related activities gathered from all Windows clients that have 11.23 or a more recent feature release. Could you please confirm if the commserve and clients in question are at this version at minimum?

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +7

Hi @Rajiv 

No need for apologies. I really appreciate your answer.

We are 11.28.83 for both Windows clients and Commserve.