Solved

Using CV Backup/Restore Appliance in Azure to Protect Office365

• 11 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Without the typos re-done below (sorry)

WE have CV 11 in our on-premises infrastructure as standard and are looking to extend into our Azure environment, which has been using Azure Backup to date 🤐

A business priority is protecting our MS-hosted Office 365 SAAS implementation and I would like to do this using an extension of our existing CV with the Marketplace B&R appliance usage.

I just need to know that their will be no lack of functionality in terms of what we can protect in Azure if we do it this way, instead of putting Metallic in, which my understanding is more for businesses who do not already have CV in-house..

Basically, we want to be able to protect all O365 components (email,sharepoint etc) in granular fashion, whether they be hosted by MS or ourselves, across our Azure subscriptions. Is this something we can do by going down the B&R appliance route to extend our current CV infrastructure?

I know metallic offers different pricing model, but would we lose O365, Kubernetes etc functionality if we go down B&R Appliance route rather than Metallic?

Thanks and regards

James

icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 12 November 2022, 07:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@JimBob , you can have both CV Core & Metallic (lots of people do).

There’s so many options within the full suite offering that can all be implemented as needed.

I’d reach out to your Account Rep who can best help you figure out what can be protected where, and any billing questions you might have.

Let me know if that helps!

Mike

ps I coped your second post over the first and trashed the extra one 🤓)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@JimBob I would advice not to use a separate B&R appliance instance from marketplace but rather consider using Metallic or to extend your on-premise CV infrastructure into the cloud. This way you'll not only have the benefit from protecting workloads on-premise and O365 from a single interface, but it also allows you to consider replace Azure Backup with Commvault and you will create a solid foundation to improve DR capabilities.