Skip to main content

Hi all,

we have successfully set up a Vault Tracker Policy and there are a couple of tapes to be exported in view media review.

However, if I click on run now and check Actions under VaultTracker option, I can see the action with the running status but nothing is being done next.

Do you have any idea what I am missing? Of course, we have marked Auto Acknowledge under Vault Tracker Policy Properties. Is there any log or additional settings which needs to be adjusted?

Hello @drPhil 

Vault Tracker operations should be logged in MediaManager.log on the CommServe. Do you see any errors in that log related to VaultTracker?

• Do you see the tapes being moved into the IE ports of the library?
  • Do you see anything in the “Exports in Progress” section?

Thank you,
Collin

Hi @Collin Harper

Thank you for your response. Now, Vault Tracker export policy (export media) is working fine and tapes are sent to the export locations as desired. Unfortunately, I am not aware what I have set up differently. Anyway, Vault Tracker import policy (Due back for reuse) when ran, it is still in running state and tapes stay in the export location. I guess, since all is tested in the virtual environment (vmware workstation), it could be influenced by the presence of virtual tape library… In the MediaManager.log there was nothing  interesting or strange.

Hello,

I can sum up this thread.

Basically, in our case, it was necessary to be sure, that there are I/E slots configured on the library and visible in CV console. Regarding importing tapes back to the library, it is important to have checked these settings - "Do periodic mailslot check" as well as "Enable Auto-Discovery of media into default scratch pool" to be sure, that Commvault is aware of any changes in I/E slots.

Cheers!