Question

Webhooks

• 28 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

is there a way to have two web hook destinations, for an alert definitions.   

As we have a active stand by monitoring solution.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

It is not possible to have two webhook destinations directly for a single alert definition in most standard monitoring solutions. However, there is an alternative approach to achieve the same goal using two alerts with the same configurations.

Since you mentioned that you have an active standby monitoring solution, you can create two separate alerts with identical configurations for the specific condition you want to monitor. Each alert can have its own webhook destination, pointing to the respective endpoints or systems you wish to notify.

By setting up these two alerts, you essentially achieve the desired outcome of having multiple webhook destinations, while still maintaining the same monitoring configurations. If the condition triggering the alert is met, both alerts will be triggered independently, and the notifications will be sent to their respective destinations.

regards

Mrityunjay

Badge +5

When I go to Monitoring -> Alerts -. Add alert definition, I don’t see all the event types, for example if I were to try to replicate “Analytics – Low Disk Space”, this has a Type of “Event Viewer Events”, and that is in the Event Types drop down, same as with “Aux copy job Failed” has a type of “Auxiliary”, and that also isn’t in the Event Types dropdown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You mean you are missing a lot of alerts who are visible in the Commcell console? 

Badge +5

we can see all the alert definitions under the alert definition page., however when we click the alert definition button the alert type drop down does not show type of auxiliary copy, so we cannot duplicate they aux copy job failed alert definition.

Badge

Hi,

I am having a similar issues here, I also cant seem to create duplicate Alerts.

When clicking the “Alert definitions” Tab and “Add Alert definition” The drop down for “Alert type” starts with “Backup Delayed by X hrs”, then “Backup Job Activity” … etc.

I am trying to duplicate the the Alert with the Name “Backup job failed” and Type “Data Protection” and these don't appear anywhere in the drop down, Any idea, if this can actually be done?