Question

Selective copy - Last Full backup Of the Month to be selected for Aux copy

Badge +3

Selective copy - Last Full backup Of the Month to be selected for Aux copy

Example: for the month of march, scheduled Monthly Full backup is at March 31st 11:30PM, somehow if this backup get failed, as per below selective copy logic.. it will select the previous[March 23rd/24/25/26/27/28/29/30th ...etc] Full backup as Monthly backup.

But actually, If the Full backup failed on 31st March… i need a logic for monthly backup as next/ subsequent Full backup to be taken as Monthly Backup [i.e ...April 1st/2nd/3rd …. Full backup]?

How to get this logic?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ManojR,

For selective copies we always look to the current period for the backups to be picked, so if the backup from the 31st failed we would then pick the most recent full back prior to that as the monthly full backup.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +3

you are right!!!! but can we get any workaround for …. If the Full backup failed on 31st March… i need a logic for monthly backup as next/ subsequent Full backup to be taken as Monthly Backup [i.e ...April 1st/2nd/3rd …. Full backup]?

How to get this logic?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ManojR,

Currently there is no logic for that. Please open a ticket and request a CMR be created for this.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +3

can you please open a CMR on behalf of me?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ManojR,

I will make the ask of the developers to see if they will accept this as a CMR and if so will go ahead and open one for you. Will update you once i hear from dev on this.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +3

any update from Developers on this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @ManojR ,

I am sure @HolowEd is internally discussing this with our development team. However, as previously advised by him, the best approach would be to get this raised within a Support Case, it would give us the option to record any further news we may have and will allow you some additional traction to follow up on this business case.

Badge +3

just checking any update from Developers on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ManojR,

The developers have stated this can submitted for a CMR. In order to do that I will need your commcell ID. Can you please supply that and I will get the CMR created.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ManojR ,

Can you please supply your commcell ID so tha I can submit the CMR that you are requesting.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +3

101BC9

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@ManojR ,

I have created CMR 443842 for this request. You can follow this thru your account rep.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka