Question

Data Aging disabled for special clients

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have an issue with the aging of our O365 backups. We have set the retention on the primary at 14 days/0 cycles but we can see data from 2022 residing on it.

• There are not Jobs waiting to be copied on the secondary.
  • The Forecast report shows for reason for not aging “DataAging is disabled for special clients”.
  • Data aging is activated at every level I have looked (Client properties, Primary policy copy properties).
  • Worm storage lock unchecked on the GDDB as well as Compliance Lock.
  • Compliance lock is not checked on primary copy.

I’d like to know how I can handle the retention on my primary storage.

Thx for your help.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@jxb ,

Which O365 agents is this happening with.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Badge +1

Hello Edward,

My client is backing up some O365 exchange mailboxes on a onprem disk library that is running full. The secondary copy is on MRR/Airgap protect.

I may not be able to handle the retention on the disk library because I think its using the plan’s retention.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@jxb ,

Thanks for the info, could you please also upload a copy of the Data Retention and Forecast report. As I will need to check with my colleagues on this. If the Data Retention and Forecast report is showing “DataAging is disabled for special clients”, it means that these clients do not follow the retention set for the plan but follow their own retention rules.

Regards,

Edward J Holowienka

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The Exchange Mailbox Agent doesn’t follow the traditional Storage Policy retention settings, and instead uses Exchange Retention Policies. (CommCell Console > CommCell Browser > Policies > Configuration Policies > Exchange Policies)

Another weird design choice that seems to have more limitations than benefits.