Solved

adding linux client

• 4 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

i got an error “couldn’t create commvault registry “ when trying to add linux client 

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 5 January 2022, 13:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Ayman Seyam 

I’m sure that you would appreciate to receive an answer as much detailed as possible, as we mostly all would appreciate a much detailed question.

Of course, you’re not forced to detail as I do:wink: , but I think something inbetween would fit... :laughing:

Is this a local install or a remote install ?

From a custom package, or the whole linux CV source (ISO) ?

Are you using root to install ?

Fresh install or ontop of a previous one ?

At the setup screen, you’re given the path of the setup logfile. Have you tried to review it to check the detailed process and see when it failed ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Ayman Seyam ,

I’d suggest checking the install logs here and also the points suggested by @Laurent too.

It may be worth checking if the registry path exists, or if your account has permissions to it: /etc/CommVaultRegistry/Galaxy/Instancennn/

Best Regards,

Michael

Badge +5

Hi @Ayman Seyam 

I’m sure that you would appreciate to receive an answer as much detailed as possible, as we mostly all would appreciate a much detailed question.

Of course, you’re not forced to detail as I do:wink: , but I think something inbetween would fit... :laughing:

Is this a local install or a remote install ?

From a custom package, or the whole linux CV source (ISO) ?

Are you using root to install ?

Fresh install or ontop of a previous one ?

At the setup screen, you’re given the path of the setup logfile. Have you tried to review it to check the detailed process and see when it failed ?

local install 
custom package 
root 
fresh install 
solve MR Expert 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Ayman Seyam,

Can you confirm the size of /tmp on this server? - for most Linux versions we need 1024MB 

What OS are you running?

Best Regards,

Michael