Solved

Blank page problem when loading into Admin Console

• 10 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Guys!

Is anything known about this problem?

Also reported to me a blank page problem when loading into Admin Console, the problem started to occur after upgrading the environment from SP21 to SP24.21.

Please let me know if any suggestions regarding this problem have already been found.

Thanks,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by Kamil 19 November 2021, 13:29

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Kamil !

No answer just yet, though here is the latest update in case it helps you:

As we saw, the server 'proxy' is a commvault proxy, but is also configured for http redirects outside of commvault. We noticed that when attempting to use the command center, it's not redirecting the request to the Commserve and is instead using the proxy as the webserver when it's not configured as such. We have uploaded the logs and CS DB for the CS and proxy and I will be providing these to my T2 for further review.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello Guys!

Is anything known about this problem?

Also reported to me a blank page problem when loading into Admin Console, the problem started to occur after upgrading the environment from SP21 to SP24.21.

Please let me know if any suggestions regarding this problem have already been found.

Thanks,
Kamil

Kamil,

Do check folder: C:\Program Files\CommVault\ContentStore\AdminConsole\OEM\113\ is there a folder name ”il8n”?

If not have (like in our case), just copy that folder (and all inside it) from C:\Program Files\CommVault\ContentStore\AdminConsole\OEM\110\

Restart Tomcat service and it should work now.

Userlevel 4

Hello @Mike Struening @Vladan Kojanic 

I recommended that the client check your suggestion. I'll be back with the answer when I get it.

Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Kamil

Did you solve the problem with blank page on Command Center webconsole?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Vladan Kojanic , 

I got a reply from a client that the “i18n” folder was already in place in the “110” folder and in the “113” folder was only “images”. He did a jboss reboot, but that didn't help. Screenshots in the attachment.

This message appeared to the client after restarting the server after the update to 11.24.21 from  11.21. The question is, will this not be the cause of the problem?

Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Kamil 

Yes that was the same problem with our system. Try this, as support give that advice for us as well:

From GxAdmin (Commvault Process manager on the server) stop Tomcat Service. When it stopped, copy entire folder “i18n” from “110” into folder “113”.

Start Tomcat Service and wait few minutes.

Now you should see Command Center from Web console.

Please, let us know if this solve the problem.

Regards,

Vladan

Userlevel 4

Hello @Vladan Kojanic

Unfortunately, your suggestion did not solve the problem. The Client restarted the entire machine and it did not help either, but after the restart, the aforementioned message appeared again, and in the system logs (EventViewer) I found an error with the COM service, although I do not think that it affects the error described above.

Thanks,
Kamil

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @Vladan Kojanic

Unfortunately, your suggestion did not solve the problem. The Client restarted the entire machine and it did not help either, but after the restart, the aforementioned message appeared again, and in the system logs (EventViewer) I found an error with the COM service, although I do not think that it affects the error described above.

Thanks,
Kamil

Hello,

Sorry to hear this. Seems this new error is not connected with blank page. Does client do see any other part of CV web console? This COM error is some problem with server, maybe need to investigate what COM service make it. Did they try to rename that folder as its suggested? If this not help, I suggest to open a ticket and see can CV support team fix it.

I only mention what problem we had with blank page and how support helped us.

Keep us informed.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ll echo this statement.  Create a case, share it here, and I’ll split your issue into its own thread for better tracking.

Userlevel 4

Hello!

It turned out that the situation was a bit different because you had to replace the content from the "110" folder to the "111" folder, not "113" as you suggested. In any case, after moving the contents to the folder, the bug was fixed. We were guided by information from the source of the website - AdminConsole.

Thanks for your help with this issue. 

Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Really strange. Seams it is not systematic error.

To be honest, I forget to tell you to check logs, as in our case in Admin Console log, was written that there is files missing in “113” folder. So by automatism I suggested you to do the same. Any way. if that helps, seams that Production team need to double check what can make a problem with missing that part.

Regards,

Vladan