Solved

How to restore the Windows FS full data using incr backup

• 4 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

We have daily incr and monthly synthetic full backup but i got restore request to restore the entire data please let me know how can restore all the data,  shall i restore latest sythetic full and then incr or shall i restore or shall i restore Base full backup and latest incr backup, i tired both but user asking all data not restored

icon

Best answer by Alireza B 5 March 2021, 00:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

When you browse you just need to go with Latest data option. This will restore latest cycle including Synth full and Inc jobs. So just one restore job will do it. 

Badge +2

Hi Alireza,   Same has been tried but latest set not showing actual data, i have restore the data from jan month , how can restore 15 days Full-incr  data in one shot

Badge +3

Hi Alireza,   Same has been tried but latest set not showing actual data, i have restore the data from jan month , how can restore 15 days Full-incr  data in one shot

So if when you browse to your subclient and select Backup History | All then select Time Range | Relative Time and let’s say pick Last 7 days what does it show you?

The last successful incremental should contain all the data you need. The Incremental jobs do not delete files it just backs up any changes. Are you trying to restore Files or the entire OS File system? Is it a physical or virtual server?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

When you browse there is an option for time range. Simply pick Jan period or whatever you need to restore. That time period will include all those jobs that you mentioned.