Solved

Report Row limit in PDF

• 12 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

Reporting question again 🙂 (I consider reporting a very important part of the product).

We  export reports to PDF, for example backup job history.

Problem: the number of records are limited in PDF , based on max size of records, not sre.
For year reporting that’s a problem for us.

Is there a way to increase that limit?

icon

Best answer by Swarna 12 February 2021, 17:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Reporting question again :) (I consider reporting a very important part of the product).

We  export reports to PDF, for example backup job history.

Problem: the number of records are limited in PDF , I think max 10k records.
For year reporting that’s a problem for us.

Is there a way to increase that limit?

Bart, is your requirement a wholesale dump of all that data?  An honest question, who is really looking at a million records inside a report.    Tell us more about the requirement, there are many ways to manipulate the data and provide what is required.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Who looks at it: auditors :)

The backup job summary report gives them the possibility to review if we did run all backups as foreseen. It’s even a legal requirement for some type of customers.
They won’t check all records, but they will look at random dates/times.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have registry key to increase the limit.   you can use maxRowsForHtmlPdfExport . Max value you can set for this key is 100k

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

oh, I had the setting configured already (years) ago, and I forgot about it. 

Tnx!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

btw, the option doesn’t work……….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , to confirm, the reg key didn’t work for you?  I can unmark the Best Answer so we can keep assisting (just let me know).

To confirm, here are the full parameters for the older:

Key - MaxRowsForHtmlPdfExport

nder key - Webconsole

Type - Integer

min Value = -1

Max value = 100 000

I also found some detail from an older case stating that the html and pdf export has scale issues and it limited to 1000.

Let me talk to some folks internally and see if this key is still honored (the above incident was from 2017).

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Bart,

Additional setting MaxRowsForHtmlPdfExport is applicable only for web Job Summary report.

For Custom reports in CommandCenter or Webconsole, the limit is set to 10000.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/essential/39321_exporting_and_saving_reports_on_web_console.html

If you need to view or process more than 10,000 rows of data, use CSV format. The CSV format has practically no row limit, while the PDF format and the HTML format cannot display more than 10,000 rows. Therefore, any report that you export to HTML or PDF format is limited to 10,000 rows of data.

Thanks,

Venkat

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Bart , to confirm, the reg key didn’t work for you?  I can unmark the Best Answer so we can keep assisting (just let me know).

To confirm, here are the full parameters for the older:

Key - MaxRowsForHtmlPdfExport

nder key - Webconsole

Type - Integer

min Value = -1

Max value = 100 000

I also found some detail from an older case stating that the html and pdf export has scale issues and it limited to 1000.

Let me talk to some folks internally and see if this key is still honored (the above incident was from 2017).

indeed, that didn’t work. I had it set already from a case a couple of years ago. I increased that, but the report didn’t change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hello Bart,

Additional setting MaxRowsForHtmlPdfExport is applicable only for web Job Summary report.

For Custom reports in CommandCenter or Webconsole, the limit is set to 10000.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/essential/39321_exporting_and_saving_reports_on_web_console.html

If you need to view or process more than 10,000 rows of data, use CSV format. The CSV format has practically no row limit, while the PDF format and the HTML format cannot display more than 10,000 rows. Therefore, any report that you export to HTML or PDF format is limited to 10,000 rows of data.

Thanks,

Venkat

Hey @Bart , following up to see if you saw @Jupalli ‘s response.  Let me know if that answers your concern and I’ll adjust the Best Answer for you.

Thanks!