Solved

VMware Cloud Director v10.4 Support

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Onno van den Berg  I asked my manager since he was the one who should send the mail but he has not done that. So i was going to do it now. But then  @Marcel Geisen  I saw your answer just now and i became very curious. After i upgraded the vsa’s to FR28 (2022e) i was able to browse vCloud (10.4) one again and i managed to run a successful backup.

Still i see that the documentation only says support up to 10.3 but hopefully it will be updated soon if commvault can confirm that the problem is solved :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Please note that although they bumped the API version being used it still means there is no official support. They found some minor issues who are being fixed and I hope it will be supported officially by the end of December. So in case you can't wait and really want to upgrade to 10.4 than you might encounter issues although @Marcel Geisen already proofed that from a functional perspective things could work well. 

Yes in our Dev Environment is working fine for the moment, but we hope it will be official supported end of the Year, because in January we want to update our Production vCloud to 10.4. Lets See ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Mmmmmm this is strange!!!! I'm going to send out some mail messages to get clarification because I'm puzzled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Marcel Geisen Let us all prey :-) B.t.w. by that time you can already move to VCD 10.4.1 ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Awesome work @Marcel Geisen ! Thanks for the validation work being done! I'm still puzzled and I suspect we are witnessing a miscommunication here between the development team responsible for VCD and product management. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ll find out!