Solved

Stub attachments replaced with "Archived Attachment List.txt" file which contains the names of the files that were archviced

• 16 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have had a user who has many older emails with stubbed attachments that have had them removed and replaced with the one file, “Archived Attachment List.txt" .  This file is a list of the files that ere archived.

It appears to be emails prior to April 2021, and more recent archived email has stubs as they should be and are able to be recalled.

I cannot find any mention of this behaviour in documentation.

I do not know how widespread this problem might be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 16 August 2021, 08:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @DarrenH,

It sounds like the outlook addin has not been installed/enabled.

Could you please confirm for me?​​​​​​​

If you’re not sure what i’m referring to, please check: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=29120.htm

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +1

Thanks Chris, 

That didnt occur to me and is a concern because the user is using our citrix environment.  Unfortunately they are no longer connected so I will see if I can find out which one they were on before it rebuilds overnight.

Thanks for the link to the article.

Regards

Darren

Badge +1

The archiver outlook add-in was taking too long to load and was disabled for this user.

Enabling and telling out look to load regardless of how long it took fixed the problem.  Thanks for putting me on the right track.